Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vaygrim's Chance V4 - possible mod options?
Greetings fellow gamers,

There have been recent hints from 'The Voice' about VC4.  There has been mention of going to MC 1.10x and some hints about what may or may not be in it.

In the interest of expanding and broadening the pack options, I'm curious as to what mods folk would be interested in seeing or NOT seeing in the new modpack and the why behind it.

Note, I'm not a member of the mod pack development team nor am I wanting to put undue pressure on that team.  If anything, I'd like to see what mods are personal favourites or ones which have kinda out-lived their interest.

Yes, I've got my own list, but tell me yours.   Smile

Pax,

Mer
Personally, I'd love to see Additionally Additions in VC4. Simply for the coffee and coffee maker. everything else is just extra.

Speaking as a member of the pack dev team, it's gonna be awesome no matter what!
League Community Officer, Youtuber, US Marine veteran, Ordained Minister.

TheDarkPreacher Website

TheDarkPreacher Youtube

TheDarkPreacher Patreon
(07-09-2016, 06:54 PM)TheDarkPreacher Wrote: Personally, I'd love to see Additionally Additions in VC4. Simply for the coffee and coffee maker. everything else is just extra.

Speaking as a member of the pack dev team, it's gonna be awesome no matter what!

Never heard of that mod before.  Went and watched the spotlight/promo video and HOLY SCHNIKIES.    That mod alone appears have taken a lot 'hot blocks' from other mods and integrated them.  Don't know about stability or total balance, especially in a modpack, but it is mighty impressive.  I will look for this mod in future modpacks I play.  Thanks for letting us know about it.

Pax,

Mer
Great thread. Thanks for making it.

I hope to see Tinker's Construct as I really like the flexibility with it. Though I wish bows were still in it. Others I hope are included are pretty standard, Blood Magic, EnderIO, Logistic Pipes, etc.. I've really enjoyed Project E in VC3 since I am very casual gamer.

I've been playing FTB Unstable and have just started playing with Refined Storage but that may functionality may be duplicated by other mods. Psi would be a lot of fun too.

Not Enough Wands has been super helpful as well.

Looking forward to VC4.
(07-12-2016, 03:20 PM)Ravenspath Wrote: Great thread. Thanks for making it.

I hope to see Tinker's Construct as I really like the flexibility with it. Though I wish bows were still in it. Others I hope are included are pretty standard, Blood Magic, EnderIO, Logistic Pipes, etc.. I've really enjoyed Project E in VC3 since I am very casual gamer.

I've been playing FTB Unstable and have just started playing with Refined Storage but that may functionality may be duplicated by other mods. Psi would be a lot of fun too.

Not Enough Wands has been super helpful as well.

Looking forward to VC4.

TC, especially with Iguana Tweaks (for tool-part swapping and leveling) is really nice.  I'd like to muck about with Psi, and Not Enough Wands has been super-helpful.  I applaud the VC crew for eschewing AE2 in the last modpack in favour of alternate storage systems.  That is, in truth, what I've used ProjectE for most of the time.  I've really liked the TARDIS mod and the magicalcrops/agricraft combo has made for some long and really enjoyable evenings.

I must admit that Blood Magic falls into the same category as Thermal Expansion, Thaumcraft, IC2, Buildcraft and a few others.  That is to say that the mods are exceptionally trodden ground and that there is little new and/or different.  A caveat to that is that they don't synergize well with other mods (like EIO or Mekanism) or generally augment any build (i.e. RP2-forks or extra utilities).  

If I could resurrect a mod, it would be Steve's Factory Manager.  The power and flexibility of that mod was incredible.  Sadly, the fork is currently so buggy as to be non-functional (at least in 1.7).  Other mods I would love to see include Aura Cascade and Botania.  I am also a fan of Immersive Engineering.  Magneticraft is neat, but it's dependence on a rather rare ore (tungsten) to get anywhere in the mod along with a quirky power source makes it....second tier to Immersive Engineering.   Regarding aesthetic mods, chisel is a must and I would recommend Ztones and ArchitectureCraft (curves and banisters and railings - oh my).  Right, then....I've babbled on for far too long already.  There's my tuppence.

Pax,

Mer
I would like to see Forestry, Gendustry, Pam's and cooking for blockheads, I would say Ender IO and RF tools ect. but i wouldn't mind seeing something new either.

About Actually Additions, it's a great mod and I have had the chance to talk to it's Dev in a twitch chat (can't remember who's), the only issue i have with it is how easy food becomes, Rice bread "heals" four full Hams and gives full saturation
(07-15-2016, 08:39 AM)MrTrilbe Wrote: I would like to see Forestry, Gendustry, Pam's and cooking for blockheads, I would say Ender IO and RF tools ect. but i wouldn't mind seeing something new either.

About Actually Additions, it's a great mod and I have had the chance to talk to it's Dev in a twitch chat (can't remember who's), the only issue i have with it is how easy food becomes, Rice bread "heals" four full Hams and gives full saturation

8 hunger and full saturation?  Sounds like Gourmaryllis chow to me.  Smile

Been dinking about with a 1.10 pack to see what's there.  Seems that several mod authors have taken the 1.8/9/10 coding "reboot" to substantively revamp their mods.  MDiyo has left modding (sad panda face) but has left Tinkers Construct in the capable hands of Boni and it is a more balanced and interesting mod than before.  EVERY tool material has a modifier (poison, magnetism, repair, etc) and the crafting tables are substantively improved.  A REAL winner.  

RWTema has changed and expanded ExtraUtilities to the point he's calling it 'Extra Utilities 2'.  The 30 or so generators are gone, but there are new mechanics, a new power system and an AE-style remote orderer/storage system.  My only complaints are the PAINFUL lack of documentation and the Peaceful Table/Nether Star recipe are gone (try doing modded minecraft without blaze powder, blaze rods or nether stars).

Vazkii has driven another out of the park with Psi.  It's a hard mod to get into, but the potential is incredible.  Not sure if it fits a casual play style, but the sheer power and flexibility is staggering.

The surprize has been a magic-based mod called Roots.  Good flavour, interesting mechanics and balanced (if slightly underpowered).

I've not poked at the Blood Magic or Botania stuff yet.  It seems that, at least, BM has gotten a re-skin and since Vazkii handed the project off, there is the potential for new flower fun.

Sorry to warble on.  Have a great day

Pax,

Mer
(07-09-2016, 04:14 AM)Meradudd Wrote: Greetings fellow gamers,

There have been recent hints from 'The Voice' about VC4.  There has been mention of going to MC 1.10x and some hints about what may or may not be in it.

In the interest of expanding and broadening the pack options, I'm curious as to what mods folk would be interested in seeing or NOT seeing in the new modpack and the why behind it.

Note, I'm not a member of the mod pack development team nor am I wanting to put undue pressure on that team.  If anything, I'd like to see what mods are personal favourites or ones which have kinda out-lived their interest.

Yes, I've got my own list, but tell me yours.   Smile

Pax,

Mer

-=If=- it makes the jump to 1.10, I'd vote for add support for whatever the 1.10 version of ex nihilo/astris/compressum would take?  (It looks like ex nihilo made it up to 1.8....not sure if it's going to be bumped to 1.10 though)...idea being is it opens another means to generate resources other than mining, and it would mean it's possible to eventually do a VC4 skyblock?

Secondly I would like to see Forestry & Gendustry added in (I've seen the first in Forgecraft 1.10, and the second I've seen in FTB Unstable)....the reason being is I'm one of those sickos that actually enjoy some of the grindy nature of being an apiarist Big Grin....

Recommendations: To keep in the spirit of making it casual friendly--tweak Gendustry to reduce the overall power usage, but I would make sure that it still needed a fair amount of progression in general forestry breeding) to bootstrap: Require either royal jelly or pollen (both)? to construct some of the underlying gendustry items?
If it gets updated to 1.10 Intangible would be something I would like to see added.

Reliquary is good for a casual centered pack since you can craft charms to make you invisible to the various mobs. Pain in the butt to get the drops and they tie up multiple inventory slots but still useful. Add to this the book that can be used to copy materials and the light altar that turns red stone into glow stone blocks over time.