Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone!
Hey guys!

My name is Lane although I've gone by a number of names over my years in the gaming community, although it's mainly just these three; CtrlAltElite (control, for short), Gtox / Tox and in League of Legends, I've pretty much been Genøçide since Season 1. I play a huge variety of games, from Minecraft to Rust (Legacy). Rust to World of Warcraft, Warcraft to Metro 2033 and just a huge, wonderful group of games. Essentially, I'll play whatever my PC can run. I've recently got into streaming (even though I'm not running the most stable rig right now to stream on.) and I help run a Minecraft Server for our own custom modpack called Superbia's Extreme Adventure with my good friend Selseor. I plan on streaming towards the end of the night and possibly doing some recording where I can between classes. I've played videogames for essentially my whole life, but my PC Gaming 'career' started a years back in the days of Dark Age of Camelot, around it's first year or two of release (Back in 2001! I was playing Computer games with my Dad and Uncle when I was 5-6! Granted, I was never all that good Tongue  ) and I've played ever since, with the majority of my time being spent between World of Warcraft and Rift in the last few years, with the occasional time being spent put into Destiny on my PS3.

Outside of Gaming, I'm currently attending a small Liberal Arts college in the middle of nowhere, Illinois studying to get a degree in Computer Studies - Graphic Arts and possibly also pursuing a minor in Music Theory / Production. I've been working since I was 14 years old, starting out in the Cornfields of my hometown, detasseling cornstalks for 8 hours a day in the sun before eventually moving on to work in a small toy store that I basically grew up in and around. Leaving that job to go to college a few hours away from home I eventually picked up a cashiering position at Walmart. (Not advised unless you need the money.) which I left at the end of this last Summer and I now work in the IT Department of my school doing random maintenance around campus!
Welcome to the League, Lane. I started my gaming career with Return To Castle Wolfenstein (The original, back before Doom.) but my first MMO was DAoC. And I'm a fellow Illini (transplanted from Missouri late last year) But I think the middle of nowhere is where I grew up, in Callaway County Missouri. And a walmart position i wouldn't recommend is Courtesy Associate. At least you got paid for working in the fields. I didn't. then again, it was family farmland. Enjoy your time in the League!

TheDarkPreacher
League Community Officer, Youtuber, US Marine veteran, Ordained Minister.

TheDarkPreacher Website

TheDarkPreacher Youtube

TheDarkPreacher Patreon
Welcome to The League!

My fist MMO was Guild Wars. Nowadays I don't play many MMO's - only Path of Exile and Diablo 3. I also work in IT, having been in the IT & Telecoms sector for the last 11 years. Before that I worked as an area manager for a Facilities Management company.

Anyways, I'm old, and I feel a ramble coming on, so I'll just say enjoy your stay!

Shads
PC Specs: Core i7 3770, GTX 960 4GB OC, 16GB RAM, 64GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 500GB HDD, 2 x 23″ Monitors, Win 10
Consoles: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS 2, PS 1, Sega Master System, Sega Megadrive, SNES
(01-13-2016, 02:11 PM)A7XShadows Wrote: Welcome to The League!

My fist MMO was Guild Wars. Nowadays I don't play many MMO's - only Path of Exile and Diablo 3. I also work in IT, having been in the IT & Telecoms sector for the last 11 years.  Before that I worked as an area manager for a Facilities Management company.

Anyways, I'm old, and I feel a ramble coming on, so I'll just say enjoy your stay!

Shads

Your 'fist' MMO was Guild Wars?  not to be ham-handed about things, but you must have taken a beating. 

*ducks and runs*
Oh, and I also (very recently) just got back into OSRS! Smile
(01-15-2016, 02:07 AM)Meradudd Wrote:

My fist MMO was Guild Wars. Nowadays I don't play many MMO's - only Path of Exile and Diablo 3. I also work in IT, having been in the IT & Telecoms sector for the last 11 years.  Before that I worked as an area manager for a Facilities Management company.

Shads

Your 'fist' MMO was Guild Wars?  not to be ham-handed about things, but you must have taken a beating. 

*ducks and runs*

I take a beating in any game!  I started my gaming "career" on console in the mid 80's, and only got my firs PC in 1998 to play Baldur's Gate.  I didn't really do much PC gaming outside of Baldur's Gate and LAN games of Unreal Tournament and Quake. I pretty much stayed a console gamer, occasionally dabbling in PC gaming with GW and the Diablo Series (single Player) until Minecraft came out and I built myself a better PC and decided to do more and more on PC.

I still play a lot of console games (Gears of War, CoD, Battlefield etc) and I have a lot of duplicate games on PC.  I still get owned, but for me it's about the fun of playing, not about winning (though the occasional win is always a great booster!).
PC Specs: Core i7 3770, GTX 960 4GB OC, 16GB RAM, 64GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 500GB HDD, 2 x 23″ Monitors, Win 10
Consoles: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS 2, PS 1, Sega Master System, Sega Megadrive, SNES
(01-15-2016, 09:47 AM)A7XShadows Wrote:
(01-15-2016, 02:07 AM)Meradudd Wrote:

Shads

*ducks and runs*

I take a beating in any game!  I started my gaming "career" on console in the mid 80's, and only got my firs PC in 1998 to play Baldur's Gate.  I didn't really do much PC gaming outside of Baldur's Gate and LAN games of Unreal Tournament and Quake. I pretty much stayed a console gamer, occasionally dabbling in PC gaming with GW and the Diablo Series (single Player) until Minecraft came out and I built myself a better PC and decided to do more and more on PC.

I still play a lot of console games (Gears of War, CoD, Battlefield etc) and I have a lot of duplicate games on PC.  I still get owned, but for me it's about the fun of playing, not about winning (though the occasional win is always a great booster!).

Oy!  Haven't played BG in a coon's age.  That was an old-skool game which seemed to pride itself on beating you up.  For me, I have played EVEOnline, but most of my gaming has been single-player PC.  Civilization, EOB, Pirates and MOO have eaten a large part of my life.  Then there's that Swedish 'Craft.

Pax,

Mer