Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Java Args?
I've had a lot of questions from folks lately regarding what Java Args that I use for my Minecraft instances. Is there any interest in this kind of a thing? I'm not sure I could 'revolutionize' the field of Java Args at all but if there's interest... ?
I am definitely interested in this sort of thing. Anything at all to optimize Minecraft, I will clamor after like a Black Friday shopping crowd.
(03-03-2016, 02:36 AM)DinixM Wrote: I am definitely interested in this sort of thing. Anything at all to optimize Minecraft, I will clamor after like a Black Friday shopping crowd.

Hey Dinix its Chris Jackmann, 
After searching endlessly for JVM Args, (seeing that I got a low end system for a Christmas
 gift) I have found a few that work for me depending upon how large the mod pack is. When a pack contains 0-80 mods I use these 

-XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=80 -XX:+UseStringDeduplication -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XXTonguearallelGCThreads=4

and when I am running a pack from 80- 100 mods I use these

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=30 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts  -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing  -XXTonguearallelGCThreads=8

Hopefully these will be of use to you or anyone else who chooses to try them out. I have found that the Launchers can be picky sometimes as to which args you can use and have found a way around it by using Multimc.  P.S. The smiley faces in the Args need to be replaced with a "P". Later on and good gaming to ya!