Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What software would be best on my PC?
My System Specs are:
Intel Core i5-4460 3.20GHz
6GB RAM
Windows 7 (64 bit)
Video is Onboard (Intel HD Graphics 4600 - 1GB)

Which program would people recommend that is both free & reliable to run on a system like mine?
What kind of program are you looking for besides free and reliable? Video editing, recording, etc., or just in general?
League Community Officer, Youtuber, US Marine veteran, Ordained Minister.

TheDarkPreacher Website

TheDarkPreacher Youtube

TheDarkPreacher Patreon
Yeah are you talking recording & editing, or are you talking about just general utility "day to day" stuff?

I use Handbrake a TON. Free program, useful for converting video files between formats. Dunno if that helps?
Oops, I should have thought of that. I should have said that I need it to record my minecraft builds. In saying this, what I really mean is that whenever I undertake one of my epic builds I want to be able to go back & speed it up into a timelapse build (so as to not completely bore anyone who watches it). With the addition of either a voiceover or musical interlude.
(02-14-2016, 10:17 PM)Porthiir Wrote: Oops, I should have thought of that. I should have said that I need it to record my minecraft builds. In saying this, what I really mean is that whenever I undertake one of my epic builds I want to be able to go back & speed it up into a timelapse build (so as to not completely bore anyone who watches it). With the addition of either a voiceover or musical interlude.

Personally, I prefer using Bandicam for recording (blame Vaygrim for that.) and when it comes to editing, i've been using Windows Movie Maker, but i've been trying to learn how to use Hitfilm 3 express for some fancier effects for intros and such.

TheDarkPreacher Website

TheDarkPreacher Youtube

TheDarkPreacher Patreon
So can you do a video speedup (timelapse) with moviemaker?
(02-15-2016, 08:52 PM)Porthiir Wrote: So can you do a video speedup (timelapse) with moviemaker?

yeah, just record the footage as per normal, and then just go to Video Tools and select the playback speed and lower the video volume, add music, and ta da, you're done.

TheDarkPreacher Website

TheDarkPreacher Youtube

TheDarkPreacher Patreon
Awesome, Thank you
FWIW, I use Bandicam (not free) or OBS (free) for recording. Bandicam has some useful options, such as recording your microphone input to a separate file, so you can use Audacity (free) to adjust the game audio and Mic audio, then export them to a single file once you're happy with how it sounds (check Vaygrim's channel for a great 'How To' guide on Audacity.

I use Windows Movie Maker for my intro's and outro's and save them to an MP4 file

I then use Sony Vegas (not free, EXPENSIVE) to import the recorded video, audio, intro and outro videos, splice them all together, then render. I'm also experimenting with Hitfilm3 (free), which in many ways is very similar to Sony Vegas - I just need a little more time to perfect transitions etc.

It should be noted that I have had some issues with Sony Vegas crashing while halfway through a render. It seems completely random - one day it works, the next it fails, regardless of uninstalling, reinstalling, updating Graphics card drivers, selecting a different drive to render to etc etc. This is why I'm trying to learn Hitfilm3. I'd LOVE to be in a position to afford Adobe Premier, but an imminent move and upcoming mortgage means that money is going to be super tight for at least the next year or so.
PC Specs: Core i7 3770, GTX 960 4GB OC, 16GB RAM, 64GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 500GB HDD, 2 x 23″ Monitors, Win 10
Consoles: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS 2, PS 1, Sega Master System, Sega Megadrive, SNES
I currently use bandicam(not free), action(not free) and OBS studio(free) for recording and streaming 
mostly do to a lack of motivation to get all the setting in the last one right 

as for editing I use a combnation of blackmagicdesign 's davinci resolve 12 (base version is free) and adobe primere(month pay plan) 

I started with a free editor call shotcut but it tends to have issues on a computer running win8 or win10...it does a decent job
Davinci Resolve I have used that editor a lot but it is buggy with some formats and has to have quicktime installed in order to work also is not a big fan of win10 at times
Adobe primere my only gripe with this editor is I had to make a keybind cheat sheet
Checkout my other media