Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical, Tech, or Security?
Which branch are you all going to be pursuing once the game releases? Will you head down one particular branch first or upgrade each one even with the others?

Medical is apparently going to have some personal upgrades that increase your Filter Level so that you can go into more contagious areas, which I suspect means better and better loot.
Technical is going to focus on gear like Sticky Bombs, Throwable Turrets, and more.
Security will be all about deployable barricades, portable riot shields and such.

I think I'll be hitting the Technical branch pretty heavily, but dip into Medical regularly for filter level upgrades.
I'm not sure but since most of the tom clancy games are usually team based so I might do what ever one benefits the team. I will probably go with what ever is needed might end up going medic but tech seems fun and I see the benefit of a confident person on security since defense is always a good thing.
PC Specs
AMD FX-8320 processor, R9 390x graphics card, 24 gigs of ram 
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_vpzjs...PJAkhNYIIQ
If all else fails blame me Tongue
(03-01-2016, 01:30 AM)fergcraft Wrote: I'm not sure but since most of the tom clancy games are usually team based so I might do what ever one benefits the team. I will probably go with what ever is needed might end up going medic but tech seems fun and I see the benefit of a confident person on security since defense is always a good thing.

If this helps in any way, once you unlock skills you can dynamically swap which skills you are USING (as long as you are out of combat). So if you have unlocked say.. Tech and Security skill branchs, you could use one set for solo.. then shuffle what you use when you join a group. That's one of the really big reasons I love the game's design!
On the whole nearly everyone is going to want some form of Medical since it has group heals as well as self heals. It'll be really really valuable starting off. I find Security interesting, but I'm not sure how useful a riot shield will actually be. The portable barricades sound awesome however
(03-02-2016, 08:21 PM)mallrat208 Wrote: On the whole nearly everyone is going to want some form of Medical since it has group heals as well as self heals. It'll be really really valuable starting off. I find Security interesting, but I'm not sure how useful a riot shield will actually be. The portable barricades sound awesome however

The Riot Shield restricts you to your pistol for weapon selection while it is out. That being said, there were some BEEFY pistols in Beta.. plus infinite ammo!
probs going to focus on medical a lot...since I am good at needing teh heals
Checkout my other media
So far the most potent combination of skills I've found is "Smart Cover" (with the Healing upgrade) and the "Healing Station" (with the Ammo upgrade). That combo plus a few key talents let me pretty much bunker down and outlast whatever.